Chemistry Summer Intensive
- Date: Monday, May 23rd through Friday, June 17th
- Class Days: See calendar below for exact days
- Class time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Location: 6007 66th Street
- Cost: $525 (Payment Plans Available)
- Prerequisites: Algebra 1
A 3 student minimum is required for the class to make. A $100 deposit, which will be applied to the course payment, is due on May 20th. If there are not enough students for the class to make, the deposit will be refunded. To register for the class, click on the button below the calendar.
- Text: OpenStax online textbook and ELL teaching videos (nothing to buy)
- Internet and Printer Access
- Scientific Calculator
- TI-30XS Multiview or TI30XIIS Recommended (We do not recommend one line calculators)
- No Smart Phones will be allowed for a calculator
- Three ring binder with lined notebook paper
Students must commit to being at all classes. Due to the rapid pace of this class, no absences will be allowed. Please check the calendar below closely to make sure there are no conflicts with class days.
The Chemistry summer intensive will cover a year’s worth of material in one month. Students will watch recorded lecture videos before class time and attempt the provided practice problems. Rachelle Fulkerson, a certified science instructor, will then use class time to help students master concepts and conduct lab experiments. The students will need access to the internet and a printer to view the lecture videos and print out the notes and practice problems.