- Class Type: Freshman level class (no prerequisites)
- Class Dates: September 6th, 2022 - May 17th, 2023
- Time: NEW CLASS OPENED: Wednesdays, 12:30 pm -2:00 pm (Class Full: Tuesdays, 8:30 am - 10:00 am)
- Location: 6007 66th Street, Lubbock, Tx 79424
- Registration Cost: $15 (nonrefundable and will go to purchase lab supplies)
- Cost: $600 (can be paid as a $67 Monthly Fee)
- Make sure to check out our Multi-class Bundles.
- Textbook: Apologia “Exploring Creation with Biology”, 3rd Edition
- Can be purchased at Mardel Bookstore or ordered online from ChristianBook.com
- If you wish to purchase a used copy, you can check the local home school Facebook groups or online used book stores like Amazon or Abe books
- Science Binder
- A three ring binder is ideal. I will provide note sheets for each module that will cover the main topics of the unit.
- We will NOT be using the Student Notebook that accompanies the textbook
- 5 Tab Dividers for your notebook
- Colored Pencils or highlighters
- Printer Access for Note Sheets
In class, students will join in a discussion of the highlights of each module. Students will come to class having attempted to fill in the note sheets I have made for each unit. This will guide the discussions and help us focus on clarifying the content. I will not require the entire modules to be read before class but instead will encourage the student to skim the book to fill in the note sheet. We will focus our class time on questions, clarification and labs including dissections. After we have covered all the material for a module, I will assign a test. Some test will be taken in class while others will be given as homework.